Innovation & Sustainability
(INSULATING CONCRETE FORMWORK)
We are proud to be pioneers in the use of this new concept in building techniques, offering many benefits to our clients.
All of our homes at Peakland Grange in Hartington have been constructed using this method, and now phase two at Ramshorn Estate (Amos Holiday Homes).
ICF is light, hollow, block components which interlock without mortar, using ties.
Construction is fast and provides bespoke shapes into which concrete is poured, which once cured, becomes a high strength concrete frame structure offering many excellent benefits:
- Heat insulation values and energy efficiency
- Higher level of acoustic insulation for an effective sound barrier
- Faster to build with and can build in all weather
- Reduced labour costs
- Eliminates most construction waste
- Fire protection in excess of normal requirements
- High strength structure minimising potential flood damage
For further information please refer to:
Investing in sustainable vehicles, machinery and plant…
All of our machines will run on biofuel.
We’ve just ordered 16 new excavators, 8 new dumpers and 8 new telescopic handlers.
Also we have recently added to the fleet from Toyota and Lexus; 20 commercial vehicles, some being electric, plus 5 hybrids.